Total Time Commitment: Approximately 95 minutes
- Volunteers may not begin service until approved by your Safe Environment Coordinator, Tonya.Brost@sjn.org.
- Incomplete VIRTUS accounts are deleted after 30 days and you will be required to start over.
- If you previously created a VIRTUS account, do not create an additional/new account.
- If you are unable to access an existing VIRTUS account, contact your Safe Environment Coordinator, Tonya.Brost@Ssjn.org.
- To retrieve or reset your login information, click I NEED LOGIN HELP on the VIRTUS home page.
- Use Chrome web browser from a computer. Do not use a cell phone or tablet.
- If you changed devices, log out completely and restart the first device. Do not log in on multiple devices.
- Allow pop-ups.
- Do not close tabs until instructed.
- Do not use the “page back” or “page forward” buttons on the web browser.
- Only use the buttons on the screens, such as “Continue”, “Next”, Previous”.
- Fast-Forwarding the training module will cause the module to lock up and force you to start over.
- Go to the VIRTUS website: www.virtusonline.org
- Click First Time Registrant
- Click Begin the Registration Process
! Select Your Organization: Carefully choose St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN (Archdiocese)
! Enter your full legal name. Do not use nicknames or punctuation.
! Primary Location: If your location is a school, select the location with School in the title.
! Carefully read and follow the instructions on the website in the order presented.
1) Complete the Code of Conduct.
2) Complete the Background Check application.
- The application will open in the McDowell Agency website.
- Social Security Number (SSN) is required.
- Click Submit at the end of each step to proceed.
- A note will appear on the screen to confirm the application has been successfully submitted.
- Click Return to VIRTUS to begin you online training module.
3) Complete Safe Environment Training (approximately 75 minutes).
Confirm that you have completed all requirements with your Safe Environment Coordinator, Tonya.Brost@sjn.org.
All of the above requirements must be completed before you volunteer.
To learn more about the Archdiocese Protection of Children and Youth Initiative, visit http://safe-environment.archspm.org/