Fall 2021: Join a Synod Small Group at your Parish
In August 2020, Archbishop Hebda announced focus areas for the Archdiocesan Synod. This fall, your prayer, conversation and feedback on priorities within these focus areas, will inform the topics selected for the Synod Assembly in June 2022.
How? Through Synod small groups, which will meet at parishes across the archdiocese this fall.
- Sundays 1:00pm-3:00pm from now until the end of October except 10/24.
- Wednesdays 7:00pm-9:00pm from now until the end of October.
- None during MEA,10/20 & 24th.
See details below, and in this Year 3 Synod Overview.
Read more in The Catholic Spirit.
Make plans now to join in this momentous process at our parish!
What is a Synod?
- A time for the Church to assemble, to mutually listen, and to set priorities.
Where are We Now?
- This Fall: Synod Small Groups
Archbishop Hebda has announced three focus areas:
1. Forming parishes that are in the service of evangelization.
2. Forming missionary disciples who know Jesus’ love and respond to his call.
3. Forming youth and young adults in and for a Church that is always young.
- These focus areas are unpacked at table-discussions in this fall’s Synod Small Groups.What’s after that?
- January/February 2022 Deanery Consultation Process
- Pastors and parish representatives gather one Saturday to learn, pray, and discuss the focus areas.
- Deanery feedback helps determine the Synod Assembly discussion.
- June 2022: Archdiocesan Synod Assembly
(Pentecost Weekend, June 3-5, 2022)
- Appointed delegates gather to learn, pray, discuss the Synod topics, and recommend pastoral priorities to Archbishop Hebda.
- After considering the recommendations, Archbishop Hebda writes a Pastoral Letter (November 2022 – Feast of Christ the King) leading to a Pastoral Plan to move our Archdiocese into the future.